Brain Injury Law: The Rights of the Injured
The Brain Injury Law Center represents victims of mild, moderate and severe traumatic brain injury and their families. Led by attorney Stephen M. Smith, the Brain Injury Law Center is recognized nationally as a successful and caring firm that brings lasting results to its brain injury clients. Brain injury is devastating, life changing, and generally not obvious to the casual observer. In fact, traumatic brain injury victims are called the silent epidemic and the invisible injury largely in part because victims sometimes aren’t even aware that something is wrong. Our director, Stephen M. Smith, Esq., is a internationally renowned expert in traumatic brain injury litigation who handles and assists with lawsuits across the United States and the world.
- Anoxia & Hypoxia: General Information and how they can specifically contribute to Cerebral Palsy as well as other birth trauma.
- Aquired Brain Injury: The Brain Injury Law Center attorneys represent victims of Aquired Brain Injury (ABI), also known as, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). As the name implies, ABI is an acquired, as opposed to an inborn, condition occurring as a result of a sudden, physical jolt that damages the brain. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the incident, injuries can range from mild to severe and affect one or more areas of the brain.
- Coma and Severe Brain Injury: Severe brain injury occurs when a prolonged unconscious state or coma lasts days, weeks, or months. Severe brain injury is further categorized into subgroups with separate features.
An often devastating injury which is frequently a result of medical negligence. Learn more about the causes, treatment, and Cerebral Palsy associations who can offer help.
- Ataxic Cerebral Palsy: How it happens, how many children get it. Causes. Treatment. Behavior or motor functions, etc. Legal rights.
- Cerebral Palsy Treatment(s): Information and news on the latest Cerebral Palsy treatments and methods for recovery.
- Quadriplegia and Cerebral Palsy: Quadreplegic Cerebral Palsy is one of the most challenging disabilities to cope with. Learn how it is caused, and what treatment and recoveries may be available.
The Brain Injury Law Center represents innocent people injured by exposure to dangerous chemicals. Chemical exposure victims and their families should contact the Brain Injury Law Center to learn more about their legal options if they have succumbed to illness or death due to chemical exposure to household cleaners, paints, adhesives, laundry detergent, plastics or pesticides.
- Toxic Molds: Toxic Mold is an ongoing problem in new construction today. The Brain Injury Law Center represents clients whose health has suffered due to exposure to toxic molds such as aspergillus, fusarium, penicillium, stachybotrys, and other mycotoxins
Defective Product and Product Liability law services of the Brain Injury Law Center offer legal representation to victims who have suffered personal injury due to defective products and malfunctioning equipment involving aircraft, automobiles, boats, gardening equipment and many other consumer products.
Seamen and maritime workers have unique rights they can exercise under the law when suffering a personal injury aboard a maritime vessel. Before accepting any worker’s compensation settlements from your employer, you should contact the Hampton, Virginia-based Brain Injury Law Center to conduct a full review of your personal injury claim.
The medical malpractice law services of the Brain Injury Law Center offer clients comprehensive representation for medical malpractice clams and trials that include failure to diagnose an illness; anesthesia errors; failure to prevent infection; leaving a medical device implanted after surgery; surgery without informed consent; organ failure; birth injuries and cerebral palsy; late diagnosis resulting in a diminished chance of survival; improperly administering anesthesia; and misdiagnosis of a condition and of course brain damage from improper care and treatment, in addition to anoxic brain injuries.
Nursing Home Negligence and Abuse
Information regarding signs and symptoms of nursing home neglect and abuse.
The Brain Injury Law Center offers legal representation for individuals suffering from side effects due to prescribed use of Accutane, Arava, Baycol, Bextra, Celebrex, Cytotec, Enbrel, Ephedra, Fen Phen, Ketek, Lotronex, Meridia, Oxycontin, Prempro, Premarin, Propulsid, Rezulin, Serzone, Thimerosal, Vioxx and other dangerous prescription drugs.
Accidents still occur on a regular basis in the United States today. If you or a loved one has been injured through a railroad or train accident, contact the Brain Injury Law Center today for a free consultation about your rights as a railroad accident victim.
- Auto and motorcycle accidents: Auto and motorcycle accident victims have many concerns following a violent car crash involving injuries to the driver and/or passengers. Attorneys at the Brain Injury Law Center specialize in negotiating auto insurance claims and investigating vehicles for the possibility of defective manufacturing. Each case is carefully screened to insure that a brain injury is not overlooked.
- Plane Crashes: If you or a loved one has endured the horror of a plane crash, then you shouldn’t be without an attorney to guide you through the many legal actions you can take to gain just compensation for your pain and suffering.
- Railroad Accidents: Transportation accidents occur every day in the United States. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car, motorcycle, train, plane or truck accident, contact the Brain Injury Law Center today for a free consultation about your rights as a railroad accident victim.
- Tractor Trailer and Truck Accidents: Tractor-trailer and other truck accidents are a significant source of brain and spinal cord injuries, since these very large vehicles (up to 80,000 lbs.) nearly always overpower the smaller cars, SUVs, motorcycles, etc. on the road in any collision.
Wrongful death is often the result of medical malpractice, car accidents, plane accidents, brain injury and other cases of severe personal injury. At the Brain Injury Law Center, our attorneys specialize in the legal actions necessary to secure the financial future of wrongful death survivors.