Car Accidents

When you’ve been involved in a car accident, one of the last things you might consider is the need for an attorney. Your recovery is your first priority. The trauma of an accident can bring on physical and emotional damage. As your medical expenses pile up, the financial turmoil can be overwhelming. Once the dust settles, you need someone on your side.

This is where the Brain Injury Law Center steps in.

Hampton, Virginia Car Accident Injury AttorneyWe have helped clients like you win multi-million lawsuits. A monetary award can help pay for emergency rooms costs, hospital bills, lost wages and the pain and suffering endured as a result of a car accident. It can put you in the best place moving forward in life and getting beyond this crash.

If you have been injured in a car crash in Virginia, contact our car accident attorneys today at (877) 537-4340 for a free case evaluation. We’re here to help.

Virginia Car Accident Lawsuit Process

Successfully pursuing a car accident claim in Virginia requires a firm knowledge of insurance law and experience litigating accident cases. The paperwork alone can be time-consuming, and dealing with insurance companies can be a headache. That’s where an attorney’s role comes into play.

If you become our client, the Brain Injury Law Center with gather the necessary paperwork and get started building the strongest possible case to get you compensated. Each case we handle is unique, which is why accuracy and attention to detail are crucial.

Leave this to us. You need to focus on your family and your recovery. We’ll take care of the rest.

Virginia Auto Insurance Laws

Hampton Car Accident AttorneyVirginia’s “fault” insurance laws mean that there are many options when seeking compensation for damages caused by a car crash. Parties involved in the accident can choose to file a claim with their own insurance, the other driver’s insurance (if injured) or take the claim to court.

In Virginia, if car owners pay a $500 uninsured motor vehicle fee to the state’s Department of Motor Vehicles, they are not required to purchase car insurance. However, this fee does not equal insurance coverage in anyway. At-fault drivers who do not maintain liability insurance can be held responsible for damages that will come out of their own pocket.

It’s important that you know the restrictions of the state auto insurance laws and your right to compensation. You have the right to seek compensation even if the person responsible doesn’t have sufficient insurance to cover medical costs and other accident-related damages.

Time Limits for Virginia Personal Injury Lawsuits

If you choose to file a lawsuit, there are deadlines you need to adhere to. You have two years to file for a personal injury-related accident case and five years to file a property damage-related case in the state of Virginia.

The statute of limitations begins on the date of the accident. Your insurance company may have its own timelines.

Instead of navigating the law yourself, let an attorney do it for you. You should speak to a car accident attorney who is knowledgeable in the laws surrounding accident injury cases. Because of the time limits that may apply, you should do this as soon as possible.

They Offered Me a Settlement For My Car Accident. What Are My Options?

Although there is a sense of urgency when it comes to filing a claim, you don’t want to immediately settle with an insurance company before discussing the details of your case with an attorney.

An insurance company has its own interests in mind when considering your case. The less they have to pay, the better for them. If you accept an offer, you may give up your right to seek the full compensation you may deserve. Refrain from giving a statement to any insurance company before you consult with an attorney.

An insurance settlement may cover damage to your car, but what about payment for injuries suffered as a result of another driver’s negligence? You shouldn’t have to be responsible for that. Car accidents injuries often include:

  • Whiplash
  • Brain injury
  • Neck injury
  • Broken bones
  • Back spasms

Treatment and rehabilitation for these types of injuries can last months or years. Medical bills can add up to a staggering amount that makes you question your family’s financial future. In Virginia, there aren’t any damage caps with the exception of medical malpractice and punitive damages.

The financial strain shouldn’t be left on your shoulders. Don’t settle for less than what you deserve.

Virginia’s Harsh Rule on Shared Fault

Hampton Auto Accident LawyerVirginia is one of the few states that abides by the “contributory negligence” law. In most states, fault is assigned in percentages. This means if you were 15% responsible and the other driver was 85% responsible, you could only collect 85% of the possible compensation.

That’s not how it’s done in Virginia. Even if you are responsible for only 1% of the accident and the other driver is responsible for 99%, you will not able to recover anything.

How Much Does a Car Accident Attorney Cost?

When you seek legal counsel from one of our attorneys, we do not charge an upfront fee. We will evaluate your situation in an initial consultation. If you decide to hire the Brain Injury Law Center, we will work diligently to seek a successful outcome for your claim.

Our fee is contingency-based only. This means we don’t collect payment unless we get you compensated.

We have experience handling cases just like yours. We know the extensive costs that this kind of traumatic event can result in, and we don’t want to add to that total.

What Can I Do to Prepare for An Auto Accident Lawsuit?

When you hire Brain Injury Law Center, you shift the legal burden onto us. We then become responsible for putting together a personal injury claim and fighting the battle for you.

You can help in this endeavor by:

  • Keeping us updated on your treatment and recovery progress
  • Supplying all information related to the accident when you come in for your consultation
  • Providing contact information for you, your insurance company and the insurance information from the other driver or drivers involved
  • Giving authorization to order your medical records and other claim-related documents

The more accurate information we have, the better case we can build.

We provide the legal counsel necessary to handle this type of communication for you and we will keep you updated on the status of your claim.

Hiring a Car Accident Attorney

The Brain Injury Law Center has years of experience in litigating personal injury cases in Virginia. Founder Stephen Smith is a well-known speaker on the subject of brain injuries. We are proud to become the voice of accident victims and aid in their pursuit of justice.

That is why we fight as hard as we do. Your quality of life is valuable to us.

Compensation can help secure a brighter future for you after all you have suffered. It can provide for the kind of care necessary to help you heal.

We have handled cases all over V.A., including Hampton, Norfolk and Newport News. If you or a loved one has suffered injury as a result of a car accident, contact the Brain Injury Law Center today. There is no obligation, and a consultation is always free.

checklist

Brain Injury Law Center

The checklist will help ensure that:

  • You take down necessary information about the other drivers and vehicles involved
  • You properly assess the damage to your vehicle
  • You document potential evidence at the scene
  • You are aware of your legal rights

Click here to download the PDF checklistxlogo.png.pagespeed.ic.3rMbLrVhml

Contact Us

Free Case Review

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.