Howard Smith, managing partner at Brain Injury Law Center, has over 48 years of legal experience. He earned his B.A. from the University of Richmond and his J.D. from the College of William & Mary.
Included in the 2017 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, Howard is a member of the American Bar Association, Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Hampton County Bar Association, Newport News Bar Association, Virginia State Bar and a senior member of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.
Licensed in the state of Virginia, Howard is often in court representing his clients. He focuses on cases involving wrongful death, medical malpractice, auto accidents, trucking crashes and brain injuries.
Along with brother Stephen, Howard has regularly and consistently obtained numerous multimillion dollar settlements and verdicts nationwide for catastrophic and traumatic brain injury survivors. He has proudly represented thousands of survivors and their families.
- The Best Lawyers in America ~ 2017
- Super Lawyers ~ 2020
- Martindale-Hubbell Preeminent A/V Rated
- Licensed to practice in Virginia, New York and the District of Columbia and all other states by permission
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum member
- Listed in Who’s Who in American Law Law Dragon ~ 500 Leading Lawyers in America
- Leaders in the Law
- Washington Post “DC’s Best Lawyers”