His experience with a scalpel gives him an edge in the courtroom.™
“The Brain Injury Law Center is the only law firm in the United States dedicated exclusively in representing brain injury victims, survivors and their families. I have dedicated both my personal and professional life to helping brain injury survivors and their families and other victims of catastrophic events.” — Stephen M. Smith
Brain injuries are devastating and life-changing not only for the victim but for their loved ones as well. Stephen M. Smith, Esq., the founder of the Brain Injury Law Center, is an internationally recognized expert in traumatic brain injury litigation with nearly four decades of experience with these kinds of cases. He takes cases and assists other attorneys with lawsuits and settlements across the country and is often sought as a lecturer on the subject.
If you or a loved one has suffered a head injury and are experiencing difficulties, contact Stephen Smith today to learn about your rights by calling (877) 537-4340.
More About Stephen Smith
He has been admitted to practice law since 1974 and is licensed to practice in Virginia, New York, Washington, D.C., and all other states by permission, as well as several federal courts.
- J.D., College of William & Mary, 1974
- B.A., College of William & Mary, 1971
Stephen Smith is also a graduate of Marquette University’s Neuroanatomical Dissection of the Human Brain and Spinal Cord program.
A sampling of Stephen Smith’s professional memberships, honors and distinctions:
- President, National Brain Injury Trial Lawyers Association
- Past President, Brain Injury Association of Virginia
- Past Chairman, American Association of Justice’s Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group
- Board member — Public Justice, Belli Society, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates
- The Best Lawyers in America — 2020
- Super Lawyers — 2019
- Martindale-Hubbell Preeminent A/V Rated
- Listed in Who’s Who in American Law
- Law Dragon — 500 Leading Lawyers in America
- Washington Post — “D.C.’s Best Lawyers”
- Only Virginia attorney ever awarded Diplomate status by the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Won the largest personal injury verdict ever awarded in Virginia
Stephen is a sought after speaker throughout the U.S. View his upcoming speaking engagements here.