How do you know you have hired one of the best lawyers in the country? Simply by looking for your attorney in the latest edition of “The Best Lawyers in America.” Brain Injury Law Center’s founder, Stephen Smith, can prove his standing as one of America’s best lawyers through his inclusion in the 2011 edition of “The Best Lawyers in America,” in the practice areas of Medical Malpractice Law and Personal Injury Litigation. Mr. Smith has claimed this distinction every year for more than ten years.
An Honorable Distinction
The Best Lawyers in America is the most respected and honored attorney referral guide in the United States. Gaining inclusion requires approval by leading U.S. lawyers through an exhaustive review process. The candidate’s work is thoroughly evaluated through peer surveys. Just being nominated is a distinguishing honor. To be selected for more than ten consecutive years is an exceptional honor.
Despite the challenges to gaining inclusion in the publication, winning the distinction has not been difficult for Attorney Smith, given his 35 years litigation experience and impressive case record. Winning multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts has become a regular part of his practice, helping survivors of brain injuries and other catastrophic injuries.
In addition to inclusion in this prestigious listing, Attorney Smith is also honored by the following distinctions:
- Super Lawyers 2010
- President of the Association of Brain Injury Trial Lawyers of America
- Past President of the Brain Injury Association of Virginia
- Internationally recognized expert in traumatic brain injury litigation
- Martindale-Hubbell Preeminent A/V Rated
- Only attorney from Virginia ever to be awarded Diplomate status by the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Chairman of the Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group of the American Association of Justice
- Licensed to practice in Virginia, New York and the District of Columbia and all other states by permission
- Won the largest mild traumatic brain injury verdict ever awarded in the world
- Won the largest personal injury verdict ever awarded in Virginia
- Public Justice national board member
- Belli Society national board member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum member
- Listed in Who’s Who in American Law
- Law Dragon ~ 500 Leading Lawyers in America
- Leaders in the Law
- Washington Post “DC’s Best Lawyers” 2010
- Graduate of Marquette University, College of Health Sciences, in Neuro Anatomical Dissection of the Human Brain and Spinal Cord
Mr. Smith is proud to claim the honor of inclusion in the 2011 edition of “The Best Lawyers in America. However, winning such distinctions pales in comparison to the honor of winning settlements to compensate those with catastrophic injuries. Just as individuals with brain injuries benefit from finding specialists to treat their conditions, they will also benefit from hiring an attorney like Stephen Smith, Esq., an expert in traumatic brain injury litigation.
If you or someone you love has suffered from a traumatic brain injury, contact our office for an expert opinion of your case and to learn if you may be eligible to be compensated for your injuries.